Abstract submission is now closed.
This one-day technical meeting will be held at the beautiful Hotel Albuquerque in historic Old Town Albuquerque. On-site registration and continental breakfast will start at 8:00 AM. Technical sessions will start at 8:30 AM. Breakfast, lunch and afternoon refreshments will be provided. The Kreidl (keynote) Lecture will be given at lunch by Professor Paul S. Weiss, UC Presidential Chair University of California.
Abstracts are solicited for oral and poster presentations in all areas of materials science and engineering, such as:
- Materials for Energy Storage and Conversion
- Biomaterials and Biomechanics
- Ceramics and Composites
- Advanced Characterization Techniques
- Thin Films, Coatings, and Surface Engineering
- Corrosion and Electrochemistry
- Electrical, Optical, and Magnetic Materials
- Materials for Radioactive and Harsh Environments
- Materials Modeling
- Materials Processing
- Mechanical Behavior of Materials
- Microelectronics Micro- and Nano-systems
- Nanostructures, Interfaces, Fabrication, and Assembly
- Materials Chemistry
- Materials Reliability and Aging
Presentation Details and Equipment
Oral presentations will be 20 minutes, including questions. Projectors will be provided. Please bring your own computer to connect to the KVM switch. A back-up copy of the presentation on a CD or on a USB memory stick/flash drive is recommended. Any other special projection equipment (e.g., slide projectors, overhead projectors, VCRs, monitors) must be arranged by the author, in coordination with the meeting organizers. Posters must fit on a 40 inch by 60 inch foam-core board. Easels and push-pins will be provided.